Wikisource talk:Monthly Challenge
Welcome to the Monthly Challenge!
- Each month, the challenge aims to proofread and validate several texts.
- It provides a safe space for new users to learn about Wikisource.
- The texts are featured for a maximum of three months with a few exceptions.
- The challenge builds Wikisource's core collection and makes free, scan-backed ebooks accessible to everyone.
Problems with the text of a book
Hi, I'm having a first go at proof reading. I was interested in the book "The Everlasting Man" by G K Chesterton. On the first few pages I looked at, I had a clear scanned image of the original page. But the generated text which I am to edit was all jumbled up, to the extent that I would not be editing the text, I would be typing it up from scratch. Can someone look at this and advise me what to do? Peterkp (talk) 03:42, 20 September 2023 (UTC)
- You should be able to see a "Transcribe Text" button that can rerun the OCR which can then provide a good starting place to proofread instead of the default text layer. For more details, the documentation is here. MarkLSteadman (talk) 03:54, 20 September 2023 (UTC)