Author:John Edward Gray
|←Author Index: Gr||John Edward Gray
|British zoologist and Keeper of Zoology at the British Museum in London from 1840 to 1875.|
- Illustrations of Indian Zoology (1830-1835, with Thomas Hardwicke)
- The Zoological Miscellany (Six parts, 1831–1844)
- Descriptions of some new or imperfectly characterized Lepidoptera from Australia in John Lort Stokes (1846), Discoveries in Australia, Volume 1, Appendix
- Catalog of Shield Reptiles (Two volumes, 1855 and 1870)
- Genera of plants (1866, by Richard Salisbury, edited by Gray)
Work about Gray
- “Gray, John Edward,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.