Author:John Stuart Mill
|←Author Index: Mi||John Stuart Mill
|James Mill.English philosopher and political economist. Son of|
- Remarks on Bentham's Philosophy (1833)
- A System of Logic, Ratiocinative and Inductive (1843)
- Essays on Some Unsettled Questions of Political Economy (1844)
- The Principles of Political Economy (1848)
- On Liberty (1859)
- Utilitarianism (1861)
- Considerations on Representative Government (1861)
- The Contest in America (1862)
- An Examination of Sir William Hamilton's Philosophy (1865)
- Inaugural address; delivered to the University of St. Andrews, Feb. 1st, 1867 (1867) (transcription project)
- Speech In Favor of Capital Punishment, (21 April 1868)
- The Subjection of Women (1869)
- Autobiography (1873)
Works about Mill 
- “Mill, John Stuart” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Mill, John Stuart,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Mill, John Stuart” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Mill, John Stuart,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- “John Stuart Mill,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 3, July 1873
- “John Stuart Mill I,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 14, April 1879
- “John Stuart Mill II,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 15, July 1879
- “John Stuart Mill III,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 15, October 1879
- “John Stuart Mill IV,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 16, November 1879
- “John Stuart Mill V,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 16, January 1880
- “John Stuart Mill VI,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 16, February 1880
- John Stuart Mill in The Harvard Classics Vol. 51 Biography, Chapter V.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|