I'm a reader, sitting with my laptop in the coffeeshops of Freo, enjoying both the old tech of bound books and the new of wiki interaction — and the jolly fun conversion of texts between the two (as in: paper → scans → Wikisource → pagination → printer → signatures → paper → binding).
My Projects 
|Award for participation|
Things that I've helped with, and why…
- Terræ-filius: or, the Secret History of the University of Oxford
- I wanted to add a citation to Wiktionary:Golgotha of the first recorded use of that term as meaning the rooms of the heads of colleges, because someone queried whether I'd just made it up. So I started transcribing the whole work.
- The West Australian and other newspapers
- The Fremantle local history collection has been keeping clippings from newspapers for sixty years or more, and a few years ago I started a database of these. Many from before 1954 (i.e. the public domain ones) are available on Trove, so I've an idea of adding some of these issues to Wikisource.
- Miscellaneous Papers on Mechanical Subjects by Joseph Whitworth
- Contains one of the original papers about mechanically flattening reference plates (which activity I am, from time to time, engaged in: three great slabs of granite and umpteen rounds of grinding…).
- Base Facilities Report
- In 2011 an old US Navy laundry building in Fremantle was scheduled for demolition, and the history of the US Navy's 'occupation' of Fremantle was brought to public attention. This was one of the documents used to determine what else was extant from those days (nothing) and to help the case for the retention of the shed.
- Proofread of the Month
- November 2009, June 2011, and July 2011.
- The Fremantle Wharf Crisis of 1919
- Proofread, because sometimes it's nice to sit and read.
- Scratch pad.
- My scripty bits, hacking up the editing form to fit it all on my little screen.
- My stylesheet modifications, to use the DBCustomMono2 font.