A Dictionary of Music and Musicians/Keraulophon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
KERAULOPHON (from κεραύλης, a hornblower, and φωνὴ, a voice). An 8-feet Organ Manual Stop, of a reedy and pleasant quality of tone. It was invented by Messrs. Gray & Davison, and used by them for the first time in 1843 in the organ they made for St. Paul's Church, Wilton Place. An example was introduced by the French firm of Ducroquet into their organ at St. Eustache, Paris, erected in 1854.
[ E. J. H. ]