|←Author Index: Sm||Adam Smith
|A Scottish political economist and moral philosopher whose work is credited as the genesis of the modern discipline of economics.|
- The Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759) external scan
- The Wealth of Nations (1776) An inquiry into the nature and causes of the wealth of nations vol 1, vol 2
- Essays on Philosophical Subjects, 1795 external scan
- The works of Adam Smith, 1811 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4, vol 5
Works about Smith
- “Smith, Adam,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- "Adam Smith and 'The Wealth of Nations'" The Harvard Classics Vol. 51
- "Obituary of Adam Smith," The Times, 24 July 1790
- “Smith, Adam,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.