Author:Alexander Fraser Tytler
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ty||Alexander Fraser Tytler, Lord Woodhouselee
|Patrick Fraser Tytler.Scottish-born British lawyer and writer. Tytler was also an historian, and for some years was Professor of Civil History, and Greek and Roman Antiquities, in the University of Edinburgh; father of|
- An Essay on the Principles of Translation (1791)
- Elements of General History (1801)
- Treatise on the Law of Courts-Martial
- Life and Writings of Dr John Gregory
- Ireland profiting by Example (1799)
- Essay on Laura and Petrarch
- The Life and Writings of Henry Home, Lord Kames (1807)
- Robbers by Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
Works about Tytler
- “Tytler, Alexander Fraser” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- "Tytler, Alexander Fraser," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "Tytler, Alexander Fraser," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)