Author:Allan Cunningham (1784-1842)
For authors with similar names, see Author:Allan Cunningham.
|←Author Index: Cu||Allan Cunningham
|Scottish poet and author|
- Songs: chiefly in the rural language of Scotland (1813) (External scan)
- Traditional Tales of the English and Scottish Peasantry (1887)
- Paul Jones, a Romance (1826) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3)
- The Life of Sir David Wilkie, with his journals, tours, and critical remarks on works of art (1843) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3)
- Lives of the Most Eminent British Painters, Sculptors, and Architects (1830) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Life Of Blake, reprint of section in volume 2
Works about Cunningham
- “Cunningham, Allan,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- David Hogg. Life of Allan Cunningham with Selections from his Works and Correspondence. Dumfries: J. Anderson & Son, 1875
- Obituary: The Times (London) October 31 1842, p. 5
- “Cunningham, Allan (1784-1842),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.