Author:Arthur Christopher Benson
|←Author Index: Be||Arthur Christopher Benson
English essayist, poet and author, and the 28th Master of Magdalene College, Cambridge
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. C. Be"
- Men of Might: Studies of Great Characters (1892) (with H.F.W. Tatham)
- "Land of Hope and Glory" (lyrics, 1902)
- The Hill of Trouble and Other Stories (1903)
- The Isles of Sunset (1904)
- Beside Still Waters (1907)
- The Thread of Gold (1907)
- The Child of the Dawn (1911)
- Paul the Minstrel and Other Stories (1911)
- Escape and Other Essays (1916)
- Basil Netherby (1926)
- "Δαμονιζόμενος" (poem published in The Yellow Book vol. 1)
- “Church, Richard William”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works about Benson
- “Benson, Arthur Christopher,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
Parodies of A. C. Benson