Land of Hope and Glory
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Dear Land of Hope, thy hope is crowned.
- God make thee mightier yet!
- On Sov'reign brows, beloved, renowned,
- Once more thy crown is set.
- Thine equal laws, by Freedom gained,
- Have ruled thee well and long;
- By Freedom gained, by Truth maintained,
- Thine Empire shall be strong.
- Land of Hope and Glory,
- Mother of the Free,
- How shall we extol thee,
- Who are born of thee?
- Wider still and wider
- Shall thy bounds be set;
- God, who made thee mighty,
- Make thee mightier yet.
- Thy fame is ancient as the days,
- As Ocean large and wide
- A pride that dares, and heeds not praise,
- A stern and silent pride
- Not that false joy that dreams content
- With what our sires have won;
- The blood a hero sire hath spent
- Still nerves a hero son.