Author:Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch
|←Author Index: Qu||Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch
Oxford Book of English Verse Pseudonyms: Q, A. T. Quiller-Couch.
Sir Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch was a Cornish-born literary critic and anthologist. Best known for editing the |
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. T. Q.-C."
- St. Ives (complete, illustrated): Being the Adventures of a French Prisoner in England (1898), (completing an unfinished novel by Robert Louis Stevenson.) (transcription project)
- Noughts and Crosses: Stories, Studies and Sketches (1898)
- The Ship of Stars (1899)
- Old Fires and Profitable Ghosts. A Book of Stories (1900) (transcription project)
- Merry Garden and Other Stories (1907) (External scan)
- Dead Man's Rock (1887)
- Troy Town (1888)
- The Splendid Spur (1889)
- The Blue Pavilions (1891)
- The Delectable Duchy: Stories, Studies And Sketches (1893)
- Ia, and other tales (1896)
- The Westcotes (1902)
- Hetty Wesley (1903) (based on the life of the poet Mehetabel Wesley Wright)
- The Adventures of Harry Revel (1903)
- Fort Amity (1904)
- The Shining Ferry (1905)
- The Mayor of Troy (1906)
- Sir John Constantine (1906)
- Poison Island (1907)
- True Tilda (1909)
A collected edition of Q's fiction appeared as Tales and Romances (30 volumes, 1928–29).
Individual short stories
- "The Fight for the Garden" in The Times Red Cross Story Book (1915) By "Famous Novelists Serving in His Majesty's Forces"
- Green Bays (1893)
- Poems and Ballads (1896)
Criticism and anthologies
- The Golden Pomp, a procession of English lyrics from Surrey to Shirley (1895)
- Adventures in Criticism (1896)
- Oxford Book of English Verse, 1250–1900 also online (1900)
- From a Cornish Window (1906)
- English Sonnets (1910)
- The Sleeping Beauty and other Fairy Tales from the Old French (1910)
- The Oxford Book of Ballads (1911)
- In Powder and Crinoline: Old Fairy Tales Retold (1913)
- On the Art of Writing (1916)
- Notes on Shakespeare's Workmanship (1917)
- Studies in Literature First Series and Second Series (1918)
- On the Art of Reading (1920) (External scan)
- The Oxford Book of Victorian Verse (1922)
- Oxford Book of English Prose (1923)
Works about Quiller-Couch
- “Quiller-Couch, Arthur Thomas ("Q"),” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.