|←Author Index: We||Arthur Wellesley
|1st Duke of Wellington; an Irish born British soldier and statesman, widely considered one of the leading military and political figures of the 19th century.|
- Nevilles general order (20 June 1815)
- Catholic Emancipation (2 April 1829)
- Repeal of the Corn Laws (28 May 1846)
Works about Wellesley
- “Wellesley, Arthur, Duke of Wellington,” in A Compendium of Irish Biography by Alfred Webb, Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son (1878).
- "To the Duke of Wellington" by Matthew Arnold