Author:Augustus Henry Keane
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ke||Augustus Henry Keane
|Irish journalist and linguist. F.R.G.S. Professor of Hindustani at University College, London. |
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "A. H. K."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. H. K."
- Handbook of the history of the English language, 1878 external link
- Asia, with Ethnological Appendix, 1882 external link
- Ethnology of Egyptian Sudan, 1884 external link
- Ethnology, 1896 external link
- Man Past and Present 1899 external link
- The Boer states; land and people, 1900 external link
- The World's Peoples, 1908 external link
- The Gold of Ophir, 1901 external link
- Central and South America, 1901 vol 1, vol 2
- The early chartered companies: (A.D. 1296-1858) with George Cawston, 1896 external link
- “Indians, American” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1881). (in part)
- “Tibbus” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- “Tierra del Fuego” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- "Tripoli (North Africa)," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Ural-Altaic," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- The science of language; linguistics, philology, etymology by Abel Hovelacque, 1843-1896, (1877) external link
- Diego Velazquez and his times by Carl Justi, 1832-1912, (1889) external link
- Travels in Africa during the years 1875[-1886] by Wilhelm Junker, 1840-1892, (1890) vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- History of the English Parliament by Rudolph Gneist, 1816-1895; (1895) external link
- The childhood of man by Leo Frobenius, 1873-1938, (1909) external link
Works about Keane
- "KEANE, Augustus Henry ". Who's Who,. vol. 59: p. 961. 1907.