Author:Augustus Henry Keane
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ke||Augustus Henry Keane
|Irish journalist and linguist. F.R.G.S. Professor of Hindustani at University College, London. |
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "A. H. K."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. H. K."
- Handbook of the History of the English Language (1878) external link
- "Ethnography and Philology of America" (1878) with Alphabetal List of All Known American Tribes and Languages, appendices to H.W. Bates's Central America, West Indies, and South Africa external link
- Asia, with Ethnological Appendix (1882) external link
- Ethnology of Egyptian Sudan (1884) external link
- Ethnology. Cambridge : University Press (1896) external link
- Man Past and Present (1899) external link
- The Boer States: Land and People (1900) external link
- The Gold of Ophir (1901) external link
- Central and South America (1901) vol 1, vol 2
- The World's Peoples (1908) external link
- The Early Chartered Companies (A.D. 1296–1858) (with G. Cawston; 1896) external link
- (in part)
- The science of language; linguistics, philology, etymology by Abel Hovelacque, 1843-1896, (1877) external link
- Diego Velazquez and his times by Carl Justi, 1832-1912, (1889) external link
- Travels in Africa during the years 1875[-1886] by Wilhelm Junker, 1840-1892, (1890) vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- History of the English Parliament by Rudolph Gneist, 1816-1895; (1895) external link
- The childhood of man by Leo Frobenius, 1873-1938, (1909) external link
Works about Keane
- Review of Keane 1896 (2nd revised edition): in The Zoologist, 4th series, vol 1, issue 670 (April, 1897), p. 171/2
- "KEANE, Augustus Henry ". Who's Who,. vol. 59: p. 961. 1907.