Author:Augustus Henry Keane
|←Author Index: Ke||Augustus Henry Keane
Irish journalist and linguist. F.R.G.S. Professor of Hindustani at University College, London. |
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. H. K."
- Handbook of the history of the English language, 1878 external link
- Asia, with Ethnological Appendix, 1882 external link
- Ethnology of Egyptian Sudan, 1884 external link
- Ethnology, 1896 external link
- Man Past and Present 1899 external link
- The Boer states; land and people, 1900 external link
- The World's Peoples, 1908 external link
- The Gold of Ophir, 1901 external link
- Central and South America, 1901 vol 1, vol 2
- The early chartered companies: (A.D. 1296-1858) with George Cawston, 1896 external link
- “Indians, American” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1881. (in part)
- “Tripoli (North Africa),” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Ural-Altaic,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- The science of language; linguistics, philology, etymology by Abel Hovelacque, 1843-1896, (1877) external link
- Diego Velazquez and his times by Carl Justi, 1832-1912, (1889) external link
- Travels in Africa during the years 1875[-1886] by Wilhelm Junker, 1840-1892, (1890) vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- History of the English Parliament by Rudolph Gneist, 1816-1895; (1895) external link
- The childhood of man by Leo Frobenius, 1873-1938, (1909) external link
- "KEANE, Augustus Henry ". Who's Who,. vol. 59: p. 961. 1907.