Author:Augustus Henry Lane Fox Pitt-Rivers
(Redirected from Author:Augustus Pitt-Rivers)
|←Author Index: Pi||Augustus Henry Lane Fox Pitt-Rivers
|English army officer, ethnologist and archaeologist|
- "On the Discovery of Palæolithic Implements in Association with Elephas primigenius in the Gravels of the Thames Valley at Acton" in the Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society of London volume 28. (1872)
- Excavations on Cranborne Chase (4 volumes).
- Excavations in Bokerly and Wansdyke, Dorset and Wilts, 1888-91. By Lieutenant-General Pitt-Rivers, D.C.L, F.R.S., F.S.A., Inspector of Ancient Monuments in Great Britain, etc. With Observations on the Human Remains, by J. G. Garson, M.D. Vol.111. Printed privately. 1892.
Works about Pitt-Rivers
- “Pitt-Rivers, Augustus Henry Lane Fox,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Pitt-Rivers, Augustus Henry Lane-Fox,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911