Author:Charles Norton Edgcumbe Eliot
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: El||Charles Norton Edgcumbe Eliot
|British diplomat and colonial administrator|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "C. El."
- “The East African Protectorate,” in The Empire and the century (pp. 861−876), London: John Murray (1905)
Encyclopaedia Britannica 1911 contributions
- Asia (History)
- Bokhara (state)
- Esthonia (with Peter Kropotkin and John Thomas Bealby)
- Hissar (Bokhara) (in part)
- Hungary (Language)
- Kashgar (in part)
- Khazars (in part)
- Khiva (khanate) (in part)
- Tatars (with Peter Kropotkin)
Works about Eliot
- “Eliot, Charles Norton Edgecombe,” in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.