Author:Charlton Thomas Lewis
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Le||Charlton Thomas Lewis
| Fellow of the Actuarial Society of America, 1889. Lecturer on Life Insurance at Harvard and Columbia Universities, and on Principles of Insurance, Cornell University. Author of History of Germany; Lewis and Short's Latin Dictionary; Essays; Addresses; &cPh.D. Lawyer, educator, and actuary dealing with insurance.|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "C. T. L."
- Gnomon of the New Testament, translated from the German of Bengel (1861)
- Lewis and Short's Latin Dictionary (1879)
- History of Germany (1870)
- Latin Dictionary for Schools (1889)
- Elementary Latin Dictionary (1890)
- “Insurance,” in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
- "DR. CHARLTON T. LEWIS.; Lawyer and Educator Stricken with Cerebro-Spinal Meningitis.". New York Times. May 27, 1904.