- The Indiscreet Jewels (Les Bijoux indiscrets, 1748)
- Jacques the Fatalist and His Master (Jacques le fataliste et son maître, 1778)
- The Nun (La Religieuse, 1796)
- Encyclopédie 
- The System of Nature, Or, Laws of the Moral and Physical World (1889)
- Diderot's Early Philosophical Works (1916)
- Rameau's Nephew (Le Neveu de Rameau, 1761)
- Code de la nature (1841)
- The Paradox of Acting (1883)
- Diderot's Thoughts on Art & Style: With Some of His Shorter Essays (1904)
Works about Diderot
- Robert Ingersoll, “Diderot” in The Great Infidels, 1881.
- Jean Jacques Rousseau, Confessions, Books VII and IX, London, 1903.
- “Diderot, Denis” by Joseph McCabe in A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse