|←Author Index: Mo||Eben Moglen
|Columbia University and is Chairman of Software Freedom Law Center.Professor of law and history of law at|
- Free Software Matters: The Public's Business (April 9, 2001)
- "Die Gedanken sind frei": Free Software and the Struggle for Free Thought (June 10, 2004)
- Lecture at Multimedia institute MAMA/CARNet (December 14, 2004)
- The Hardware Wars and the future of free software (1 April 2006)
- Free Software and Free Media (3 May 2006)
- Eben Moglen Keynote at Red Hat Summit 2006 (1 June, 2006)
- Keynote about GPL3 at HOSC 2006 (17 June 2006)
- Document Licenses and the Future of Free Culture (4 August, 2006)
- FLOSS Weekly 13: Eben Moglen on GPL 3.0 (September 27, 2006)
- Software and Community in the Early 21st Century (October 27th, 2006)
- Freedom Businesses Protect Privacy (April 25, 2007)
- The “Be very afraid” tour (2007)
- Freeing the Mind: Free Software and the end of proprietary culture (June 3rd, 2007)
- Freeing the Mind: Free Software and the Death of Proprietary Culture - June 29, 2003 PDF
- The dotCommunist Manifesto - January 2003 PDF
- Anarchism Triumphant: Free Software and the Death of Copyright - August 1999 PDF
- Anarchism Triumphant: Free Software and the Death of Copyright, article in First Monday, August 2 1999
- Microsoft's Fatal Error, article in The Nation, November 11, 1999
- Microsoft: Judgment Day, article in The Nation, April 24, 2000
- Microsoft: Breaking Up Is Good to Do, article in The Nation, June 26, 2000
- The Encryption Wars (Page 2) interview in Cabinet, Winter 2000 (The title is just one of many topics discussed)
- Liberation Musicology, article in The Nation, February 22, 2001
- SCO: Without Fear and Without Research, article in eWeek, November 24, 2003
- Professor Eben Moglen Replies, interview on Slashdot, February 2003
- Free Software, Free Hardware, Free Bandwidth, interview on World-Information.Org, December 11 2003
- Interview with Eben Moglen, LinuxWorld Magazine, January 19, 2004
- Eben Moglen on Microsoft's Caller ID Patent License, short interview on NewsForge, February 26, 2004
- Eben Moglen's linux.conf.au keynote, article on LWN.net, April 24 2005.
- Does Open-Source Software Make The FCC Irrelevant?, article in Forbes, October 18, 2005
- Meet the DotCommunist, article on Law.com, February 15 2006
- See you at the Summit: Eben Moglen, article in Red Hat Magazine #17, March 2006
- Free software’s white knight, interview on ZDNet, March 20, 2006
- Eben Moglen on GPL 3.0, interview on FLOSS Weekly #13, September 27, 2006
- Moglen: How we'll kill the Microsoft Novell deal, interview in The Register, November 20, 2006
- Interview with Eben Moglen, General Counsel for the Free Software Foundation March 28 2007
- From the birth of printing to industrial culture; the root of copyright, raw footage of interview for Steal This Film II.
Articles and interviews
- Rewriting GPL No Easy Task, February 2 2005 interview. Page 2
- Super Linux evangelist! Software freedom fighter! Defender of the GNU and the Open Source Way! No, it's not Linux Lass - it's Eben Moglen... December 2005 interview in Linux Format,
- Defender of the GPL, January 19, 2006 CNET News.com interview after the release of the first public draft.
- ‘A lawyer who is also idealist - how refreshing’, March 30, 2006 interview in The Guardian.
- Moglen ascends to "life after GPLv3", April 25, 2007 article on Linux-Watch
- Eben Moglen's (slightly) lower profile, May 11, 2007 article about Red Hat Summit 2007.
- The dotCommunist Manifesto: Video of talk at UNC-Chapel Hill, Howard W. Odum Institute, 51 min, November 8, 2001
- A panel discussion including Moglen from the Conference on Public Domain at Duke University Law School, on November 10, 2001, 1 h 11 min (Moglen’s contribution is 58 min in.)
- Video, 172 MiB, MPEG format.
- Audio recording of Moglen’s talk at the above event., 12 min, 5 MiB
- Freedom and the Future of the Net: Why We Win. A talk at New York University, May 14 2002, 1 h 15 min, 13 MiB
- Q&A session from after the above talk. 49 min, 8 MiB
- Free Software, Free Culture: After the dotCommunist Manifesto, Open Cultures: Free Flows of Information and the Politics of Commons, Vienna, Austria June 5, 2003, 21 min, 70 MiB, RealMedia 225 kbit/s quality
- IT Conversations - SCO v. IBM, Interview, recorded December 12, 2003, 37min
- A panel discussion in which Moglen took part. 1 h 7 min, 62 MiB. Moglen’s main contributions are at 15:15, 31:35 and 50:25 in.
- Speech for Harvard Journal of Law & Technology. February 23, 2004, 1 h 25 min
- Open Source as a Social Movement: Talk at the Open Source Conference, KMDI, University of Toronto, May 9, 2004
- Opening keynote at Wizards of OS3, Berlin, June 10 2004, 57 min
- State of the Free Union, speech delivered at Swarthmore College on November 8, 2004
- Lecture at Multimedia institute - MAMA/CARNet in Zagreb, Croatia, December 14 2004, 1 h 35 min, 286 MiB
- Lecture at The Faculty of Law in Ljubljana, Slovenia, December 21 2004, 1 h 7 min, 61 MiB
- The system of ownership of ideas, talk at ITC-ILO in Turin, December 17, 2004, 28 min
- Beyond Free Software: Ultimate Legal Consequences of the Free Information Movement. Lecture at Bocconi, Italy, November 14, 2005, 46 min, 12 MiB MP3
- Opening presentation of the GNU GPLv3 first draft release conference. January 16, 2006, 2h, 200MiB Ogg Theora
- The Hardware Wars and the future of free software, presentation at the 2006 Free Software Foundation Associate Member meeting. April 1, 2006, 1 h 30 min, 54 MiB Ogg Vorbis
- Free Software and Free Media, talk to isoc-ny May 3, 2006.
- Keynote at Red Hat Summit 2006 in Nashville, June 1, 2006, 36 min
- License/drm panel at HollandOpen in which Moglen took part, June 15, 2006, 1 h, 189 MiB MPEG-4
- Keynote at HollandOpen, about GPL3 process June 17, 2006, 35 min, 109 MiB MPEG-4
- The wording of the changes Presentation at the 3rd International GPLv3 Conference, Barcelona, June 22, 2006, 1 h 29 min, 93 MiB Ogg Theora
- The Renaissance of Invention: Free Software and the Next American Century, keynote at OSCON, July 28, 2006, 37min
- Document Licenses and the Future of Free Culture, talk with Lawrence Lessig at Wikimania 2006, Cambridge, Massachusetts, August 4, 2006
- Software and Community in the Early 21st Century, keynote at Plone Conference 2006, Seattle, Washington, October 27 2006, 1 h 8 min, 226 MiB QuickTime, or 47MiB MP3
- Thoughts on the World's Largest Possible Computer & What It Runs On, March 27, 2007, 1 h 2 min, 289MiB DivX Video
- Breakout session during Red Hat Summit 2007
- Freedom Businesses Protect Privacy, keynote at the MySQL Conference 2007 on April 25, 2007, 39 min, 18 MiB
- GPLv3: How Will It Impact Enterprise Organizations?, 1 h 7 min
- Parts of an interview with Linux.com:
- Part 1: GPLv3 not about MS and Novell, (direct link), 1 min 21 s, 5MiB Ogg Theora video
- Part 2: MS should remove patents from Novell agreement, (direct link), 2 min 41 s, 9MiB Ogg Theora video
- Part 3: It's not easy being a monopoly, (direct link), 3 min 24 s, 13MiB Ogg Theora video
- Part 4: FSF - The Next Generation, (direct link), 2 min 35 s, 9MiB Ogg Theora video
- Part 5: How I discovered Free Software and met RMS, (direct link), 11 min, 40MiB Ogg Theora video
- Part 6: How to change the world, (direct link), 1 min 16 s, 5MiB Ogg Theora video
- Eben Moglen discusses GPL 3 and patents; Interview on Vnunet.com, 19 min, 41MiB ASF Windows Media Video 9
- Freeing the Mind: Free Software and the end of proprietary culture, speech in Bangalore, India, June 3, 2007, 1 h 36 min, 52MiB Ogg Vorbis audio
- Freeing the Mind, speech in Thiruvananthapuram, India, June 5, 2007, 2 h 2 min, 35 MiB Ogg Vorbis audio
- The Global Software Industry in Transformation: After GPLv3, Lecture in Edinburgh, Scotland, June 26, 2007, 1 h 22 min, 606MiB MPEG-4 Video
- Keynote at Ubuntu Live 2007, Portland, July 22, 2007, 20 min 42 sec
- Licensing in the Web 2.0 Era, Discussion interview with Tim O'Reilly at OSCON 2007, Oregon, July 25, 2007, 29 min 28 sec, 45MiB Ogg Theora, Video
- The Software Freedom Law Center – “Ted Neward discusses the Software Freedom Law Center with Open Source professional Eben Moglen”
- Copyleft Capitalism: GPLv3 & the Future of Software Innovation, IBM, October 29, 2007, 1 h 31 min, 273MiB MPEG-4 Video
- The Dangers of Software Patents, lecture at the Washington, D.C. Chapter of the ACM, February 11, 2008
- IV Congrés Internet, dret i política, June 2, 2008, 1h 16m, 177.5Mib MPEG-4 video.
- Culture et Internet, Paris, June 5, 2008, 1h 37m, 276MiB Ogg Theora Video Note: In French the first 10m 13s, remainder in English
- Eben Moglen speech, Iceland, 2008, 56m, 185MiB, MPEG-4 video.
- Moglen on Origins of Copyright and Patents; speech from India, December 2008, 55m, audio. As featured on The Software Freedom Law Show, episode 0x05.
- Direct download, 27MiB OGG Vorbis audio
- The Free Software Movement and the Struggle for Freedom of Thought, India, 2009, 42m, video.
- Direct link, 149MiB Macromedia Flash Video
- Free and Open Software: Paradigm for a New Intellectual Commons, March 13, 2009, 1h 12m, Talk given at the Law of the Commons Conference at Seattle University and sponsored by the Seattle Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild.
- 09NTC plenary session, April 28, 2009, 1h 24m, Talk given at the Nonprofit Technology Conference
- Patent Law at a crossroads: Bilski and Beyond Nov 2, 2009, Talk given at the Intellectual Property Law Society
- ISOC-NY Event: Eben Moglen ‘Freedom in the Cloud’ Feb 5, 2010
- SSCL Lecture 2010, Talk given at Scottish Society for Computers and Law
- Libreplanet Lecture 2010, Talk given at Libreplanet 2010
- Debconf10 talk 2010, Talk given at Debconf10
- Ogg video August 11 2010, LinuxCon keynote talk titled "Doing What it Takes: Current Legal Issues in Defending FOSS" summary article
- The Commons As An Actor in Transforming Global Political Economy, September 1 2010, keynote talk at the 'Software Patents and the Commons' event in New Delhi, organized by Software Freedom Law Center, Knowledge Commons and Center for Internet and Society, and sponsored by Red Hat.
- Open World Forum keynote, October 2010: Youtube video
- Why Political Liberty Depends on Software Freedom More Than Ever, keynote at FOSDEM 2011, February 2011
- The alternate net we need, and how we can build it ourselves (YouTube link, 15min video), talk at the Personal Democracy Forum 2011, June 2011.
- Free Software's Future Amidst the Commercial Open Source Wars: How to Turn the Patent Disaster and Compliance Issues to Our Advantage, talk at LibrePlanet March 25 2012, 55m, Ogg audio.
- Why Freedom of Thought Requires Free Media and Why Free Media Require Free Technology, talk at re:publica 2012 in Berlin.
- "Innovation under Austerity" talk at Freedom to Connect conference in Washington, DC on May 22, 2012 video and transcript
- Snowden and the Future series of talks October 9, October 30, November 13 and December 4, 2013, Columbia Law School in association with Software Freedom Law Center
- Free Software Foundation 30th Anniversary, October 2015 (video link). Eben Moglen's speech at the Free Software Foundation's 30th anniversary party.