|←Author Index: Br||Edward Bradley
English novelist and clergyman who wrote under the pen name "Cuthbert Bede, B.A.". Many of his works were illustrated by himself.
His most popular book was The Adventures of Mr. Verdant Green, on the experiences of an Oxford undergraduate. There was a sequel, Little Mr Bouncer and his friend Verdant Green. Tales of College Life (often bound with it), introduces the character of Mr Affable Canary. The celebrated illustrations to the Verdant Green books were the work of the author.— Excerpted from Edward Bradley (writer) on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- The adventures of Mr. Verdant Green, an Oxford freshman (1853)
- The further adventures of Mr. Verdant Green, an Oxford under-graduate (1854) (External scan)
- Mr. Verdant Green (Combines the above two books as Part I and II) Internet Archive
- Mr. Verdant Green married and done for (1856) (External scan)
- Little Mr Bouncer and his friend, Verdant Green
- Tales of College Life.
- Fairy Fables (1858).
- Glencraggan (1861).
- Photographic Pleasures (1855).
- The White Wife; with Other Stories, supernatural, romantic and legendary (1868) (Commons file)