Author:Edward Hayes Plumptre
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Pl||Edward Hayes Plumptre
|English divine and scholar |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature to the End of the Sixth Century A.D. (DCBL)
Articles attributed to this author are designated in DCBL by the initials "E.H.P."
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- Lazarus (1864),
- Master and Scholar (1866)
- ""Honour All Men"" in Littell's Living Age, 117 (1516) (1873)
- An Exposition of the Epistles to the Seven Churches of Asia (1877),
- The Spirits in Prison (1884),
- "The Book of Proverbs" (which he annotated in the Speaker's Commentary),
- "Synoptic Gospels, Acts, and II. Corinthians" in Bishop Ellicott's New Testament Commentary, and Life of Bishop'Ken (1888)
- The Tragedies of Sophocles, rev. ed. (1878)
- The Tragedies of Æschylos
- First edition, in 2 vols. (1868)
- Second edition, revised (1873)
- Divine commedia (1886) by Dante
Works about Plumptre
- "Plumptre, Edward Hayes," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.