Author:Edward Henry Palmer
|←Author Index: Pa||Edward Henry Palmer
Orientalist. Professor of Arabic at Cambridge. Author of The Desert of the Exodus; &c
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. H. P."
- The Desert of the Exodus: Journeys on foot in the Wilderness of the Forty Years' Wanderings’ (1871)
- ‘Jerusalem, the City of Herod and of Saladin’ (1871)
- ‘the Secret Sects of Syria;’ in the ‘British Quarterly Review’ (1873)
- Translation of the Qur'ân, as part of Sacred Books of the East (1880)
- report to the Palestine Exploration Fund, in ‘Special Papers relating to the Survey of Western Palestine.’ (1881)
- ‘Arabic and English Name-lists of the Survey of Western Palestine,’ ed. (1881)
- “Firdousi,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
- “Hāfiz,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Ibn Khaldūn,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works about Palmer
- “Palmer, Edward Henry,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.