Author:Edward Hayes Plumptre
(Redirected from Author:Edward Plumptre)
|←Author Index: Pl||Edward Hayes Plumptre
|Sophocles (1865) and Aeschylus (1868), and of the Divine commedia by Dante (1886).English divine and scholar known as a translator of the plays of|
- Lazarus (1864),
- Master and Scholar (1866)
- “"Honour All Men"” in Littell's Living Age, 117 (1516) (1873)
- An Exposition of the Epistles to the Seven Churches of Asia (1877),
- The Spirits in Prison (1884),
- "The Book of Proverbs" (which he annotated in the Speaker's Commentary),
- "Synoptic Gospels, Acts, and II. Corinthians" in Bishop Ellicott's New Testament Commentary, and Life of Bishop'Ken (1888).
Works about Plumptre
- “Plumptre, Edward Hayes,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.