Author:Edward Shepherd Creasy
|←Author Index: Cr||Edward Shepherd Creasy
|British historian, educated at Eton College and Cambridge University and called to the Bar in 1837; in 1840 Professor of History, London University, and in 1860, Chief Justice of Ceylon, when he was knighted.|
- The Fifteen Decisive Battles of the World (1851)
- The chapter "The Battle of Marathon" from The Great Events by Famous Historians, Vol. 1, 1905
- Several chapters from The Great Events by Famous Historians, Vol. 2, 1905:
- History of the Ottoman Turks
Works about Creasy
- “Creasy, Sir Edward Shepherd,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Creasy, Edward Shepherd,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.