Author:Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(Redirected from Author:Elizabeth Browning)
|←Author Index: Br||Elizabeth Barrett Browning
|Barrett family and wife of poet Robert Browning, she was a popular and respected poet of the Victorian era.A member of the|
- "A Child's Grave at Florence"
- "A Child's Thought of God"
- Casa Guidi Windows (transcription project)
- "The Runaway Slave at Pilgrim's Point"
- An Essay on Mind and Other Poems (1826)
- Prometheus Bound, translated from the Greek of Aeschylus, and miscellaneous poems (1833)
- The Seraphim, and Other Poems (1838)
- Poems (UK)/ A Drama of Exile, and other Poems (US) (1844)
- Poems("New Edition," 2 vols.)Revision of 1844 edition adding Sonnets from the Portuguese and others (1850)
- Prometheus Bound, and other poems, including Sonnets from the Portuguese (1851) (transcription project)
- Poems(3d ed.) (1853)
- Two Poems:"A Plea for the Ragged Schools of London" by Barrett Browning and "The Twins" by Browning (1854)
- Poems(4th ed.) (1856)
- Poems Before Congress (1860)
- Last Poems (1862)
- Prometheus Bound by Aeschylus
- First edition (1833)
- Retranslated (1850)
- "A Lament for Adonis", translation of Bion
Works about Browning
- “Browning, Elizabeth Barrett,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Browning, Elizabeth Barrett,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Browning, Elizabeth Barrett,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)