Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ae||Aeschylus
(525 BCE – 456 BCE)
|Sophocles and Euripides. One of the three great ancient Greek tragedians, together with |
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- The Persians (472 BCE)
- Prometheus Bound (480–410 BCE)
- Prometheus Bound, trans. E. B. Browning (1833, 1851)
- The Prometheus Bound of Æschylus, trans. Henry D. Thoreau  (1906)
- The Prometheus Bound of Æschylus, trans. Augusta Webster (1866)
- Prometheus Bound, trans. Anna Swanwick (1886) 4th ed.
- Prometheus Bound, trans. E. D. A. Morshead (1908)
- Prometheus Bound, trans. G. M. Cookson (1922)
- Seven against Thebes (467 BCE)
- The Suppliants (463 BCE)
- The Oresteia (458 BCE)
- The Agamemnon, Choephori, and Eumenides of Aeschylus, translated into English verse, trans. Anna Swanwick (1865)
- The House of Atreus, 1st ed., trans. E. D. A. Morshead (1881)
- The House of Atreus, 2nd ed., trans. E. D. A. Morshead (1889)
- Choephori (Libation Bearers)
- Eumenides (Furies)
- The Tragedies of Æschylus, trans. Robert Potter (1777)
- Selections from the choric poetry of the Greek dramatic writers, trans. Joseph Anstice (1832)
- The Tragedies of Æschylus: literally translated, trans. T. A. Buckley (1849)
- The Lyrical Dramas of Æschylus, translated into English verse, trans. John Stuart Blackie (1850)
- Aeschylus, translated into English prose, trans. F. A. Paley (1871)
- The Tragedies of Æschylos, trans. E. H. Plumptre (1873)
- The Dramas of Aeschylus, 4th edition, trans. Anna Swanwick (1886)
- Aeschylus: The Seven Plays, in English verse, trans. Lewis Campbell (1890)
- Æschylus, in English verse, trans. Arthur S. Way, 3 vols. (1906–1908) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3)
- Four Plays of Aeschylus, trans. E. D. A. Morshead (1908)
- Four Plays of Aeschylus, trans. G. M. Cookson (1922)
- Aeschylus, with an English translation by Herbert Weir Smyth, 2 vols. (1930) 
- "Unlisted Fragments of Aeschylus", Herbert W. Smyth, Amer. J. Philology 41(2): 101–114 (1920)
- "Fragments", pages 374–521 in Herbert W. Smyth, Aeschylus, vol. II, (1930)
Works about Aeschylus
- Aeschylus, by Reginald Copleston, 1870.
- "Æschylus", Chapter XXIII. in History of the Literature of Ancient Greece, to the period of Isocrates, by K. O. Müller, translated by George Cornewall Lewis, 1847.
- "Æschylus", Chapter X. in A History of Ancient Greek Literature by Gilbert Murray, 1901.
- “Aeschylus”, by Robert Whiston in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
- "Æschylus," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Aeschylus," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- "Aeschylus," by Arthur Sidgwick in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911).
- "Æschylus," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Aeschylus," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)