Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ba||Ferdinand Bauer
|Franz.One of the most highly regarded botanical illustrators in history. Brother of|
||There are no works listed on Wikisource for this author. If you'd like to add a new text, please review Help:Adding texts.|
Works illustrated by Bauer
Bauer's illustrations appeared in the following works:
- Lambert, Aylmer Bourke (1803–1824), A description of the genus Pinus.
- Sibthorp, John; Smith, James Edward; Lindley, John (1806–1840), Flora Graeca (ten volumes; in Latin, see la:Flora Graeca)
- Bauer, Ferdinand (1813), Illustrationes florae Novae Hollandiae (in Latin; see la:Illustrationes florae Novae Hollandiae.)
- This was intended as an atlas of illustrations for Robert Brown's Prodromus florae Novae Hollandiae et Insulae Van Diemen.
- Flinders, Matthew (1814), A voyage to Terra Australis, Atlas volume.
- Lindley, John (1821) Digitalium monographia (in Latin)
- Endlicher, Stephan (1833), Prodromus florae Norfolkicae (in Latin).
- Endlicher, Stephan (1838), Iconographia generum plantarum (in Latin).
Works about Bauer
- Lhotsky, John (1839), "Biographical sketch of Ferdinand Bauer" in Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London 1.
- Lhotsky, John (1843), "Biographical sketch of Ferdinand Bauer, natural history painter to the expedition of Captain Flinders" in London Journal of Botany 2:106–113.
- Britten, James (1909), "Ferdinand Bauer's drawings of Australian plants" in Journal of Botany 47.
- Stearn, W. T. (1960), "Franz and Ferdinand Bauer, masters of botanical illustration" in Endeavour 19(73).
- Stearn, W. T. (1976), The Australian flower paintings of Ferdinand Bauer.
- Norst, Marlene J. (1989), Ferdinand Bauer: The Australian natural history drawings.
- Wheeler, A. and Moore, D. T. "The animal drawings of Ferdinand Bauer in The Natural History Museum, London" in Archives of Natural History 21:309–344.
- Watts, P., Pomfrett, J. A., and Mabberley, David (1997), An exquisite eye: the Australian flora and fauna drawings 1801–1820 of Ferdinand Bauer.
- Lack, H. W. (1998), "Recording form in early nineteenth century botanical drawing: Ferdinand Bauer's "cameras" in Curtis's Botanical Magazine ser. 6, 15:254–274.
- Lack, H. W. and Mabberley, David (1998), The Flora Graeca story: Sibthorp, Bauer and Hawkins in the Levant.
- Moore, D. T. (1998), "The pencil landscape drawings made by Ferdinand Bauer in Norfolk Island, from August 1804 to February 1805, in the Natural History Museum, London" in Achives of Natural History 24:213–220.
- Mabberley, David (1999), Ferdinand Bauer: The nature of discovery.
- Mabberley, D. J. and Moore, D. T. (1999), "Catalogue of the holdings in The Natural History Museum (London) of the Australian botanical drawings of Ferdinand Bauer (1760–1826) and cognate materials relating to the Investigator voyage of 1801–1805" in Bulletin of the Natural History Museum, Botany Series, 29:81–226.