|←Author Index: Ba||Franz Andreas Bauer
|Ferdinand; sometimes referred to as Francis Andreas BauerAustrian microscopist and botanical artist; one of the most highly regarded botanical illustrators in history; brother of|
Works illustrated by Bauer
Bauer's illustrations appeared in the following works:
- Aiton, William (1796–1803), Delineations of Exotick Plants cultivated in the Royal Garden at Kew.
- Lindley, John (1830–1838), The Genera and Species of Orchidaceous Plants.
- Hooker, William Jackson (1842), Genera filicum.
Works about Bauer
- Redgrave, Samuel (1878), "Bauer, Francis" in A Dictionary of Artists of the English School: 32.
- Stearn, W. T. (1960), "Franz and Ferdinand Bauer, masters of botanical illustration" in Endeavour 19(73).