Author:Ferdinand Jacob Heinrich von Mueller
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Mu||Ferdinand Jacob Heinrich von Mueller
|KCMG; German-Australian physician, geographer, and most notably, a botanist|
- An historical review of the explorations of Australia. Melbourne: Philosophical Institute. 1858.
- "Enumeration of the plants collected by Dr J Murray during Mr A Howitt's Expedition into Central Australia in the year 1862". Annual Report of the Government Botanist, pp. 16–18.
- The Plants Indigenous to the Colony of Victoria (1860-1862)
- "On the systematic position of the Nardoo plant and the physiological characteristics of its fruit". Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria: During the years 1861 to 1864, pp 137–147. 1865.
- Report on the forest resources of Western Australia (1879)
- Select Extra-Tropical Plants readily eligible for industrial Culture or Naturalization, with Indications of their Native Countries and some of their Uses. (1884)
- Iconography of Candolleaceous Plants, 1892
- Fragmenta Phytographica Australiæ eleven vol.
- Home, R.W. et al. (eds) Regardfully yours: selected correspondence of Ferdinand von Mueller.3 vols Peter Lang, Berne. 1998–2006
Works about Mueller
- "Mueller, Baron Sir Ferdinand von," in The Dictionary of Australasian Biography, by Philip Mennell, London: Hutchinson & Co. (1892)
- Chisholm, A. H., Ferdinand von Mueller, Great Australians, Oxford University Press, Melbourne, 1962