|←Author Index: Do||Frederick Douglass
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave (1845)
- My Bondage and My Freedom (1855)
- Life and Times of Frederick Douglass
Essays and Orations
- What to the Slave is the Fourth of July? (1852)
- "The Heroic Slave", pp. 174–239 in Autographs for Freedom, edited by Julia Griffiths (1853) (External scan)
- “Reconstruction,” in The Atlantic Monthly, 18 (110) (December 1866).
- “An Appeal to Congress for Impartial Suffrage,” in The Atlantic Monthly, 19 (111) (January 1867)
- Oration in Memory of Abraham Lincoln (1876)
- My Escape from Slavery (1881)
- The Color Line (1881)
- The Future of the Colored Race (1886)
- Letter to Thomas Auld (Sep 2, 1848)
- Frederick Douglass Papers, Published Editions, Islandora Repository
- Frederick Douglass Papers, Library of Congress
Works about Douglass
- Frederick Douglass by Charles W. Chesnutt (1899)
- Frederick Douglass by Booker T. Washington (Philadelphia, 1907), in the series American Crisis Biographies. (External scan)
- “Douglass, Frederick” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Douglass, Frederick,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1892)
- “Douglass, Frederick” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Douglass, Frederick”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911