Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: En||Georg Engelmann
|German-American medical doctor and botanist.|
His son was noted obstetrician George Julius Engelmann (1847-1903).
- De Antholysi Prodromus (a doctoral dissertation on vegetable morphology), 1832.
- Cactaceae of the Boundary (a study of cactus on the U.S.-Mexican border), 1859.
- The Grape-Vines of Missouri, 1860
Works about Engelmann
- "Sketch of George Engelmann, M.D." in Popular Science Monthly, 29 (June 1886).
- Biographical Memoir of George Engelmann (1809–1884), by Charles A. White (1896).
- "Engelmann, George," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- "Engelmann, George," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Engelmann, George," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)