|←Author Index: En||Georg (George) Engelmann
German-American medical doctor and botanist.|
His son was noted obstetrician George Julius Engelmann (1847-1903).
- De Antholysi Prodromus (a doctoral dissertation on vegetable morphology), 1832.
- Cactaceae of the Boundary (a study of cactus on the U.S.-Mexican border), 1859.
- The Grape-Vines of Missouri, 1860.
- Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, "Engelmann, George" (Edition of 1900).
- Biographical Memoir of George Engelmann (1809–1884), by Charles A. White (1896).
- "Sketch of George Engelmann, M.D.," in Popular Science Monthly Volume 29, June 1886.