|←Author Index: Gr||George Grote
|English classical historian, best known in the field for a major work, the voluminous History of Greece.|
- Statement of the Question of Parliamentary Reform (1821)
- Analysis of the Influence of Natural Religion On the Temporal Happiness, of Mankind (1822)
- Essentials of Parliamentary Reform (1831)
- Speech of George Grote, Esq. M.P., delivered April 25th, 1833, in the House of Commons, on moving for the introduction of the vote by ballot at elections (1831)
- A history of Greece; from the earliest period to the close of the generation contemporary with Alexander the Great (1846-1856)
- Seven letters on the recent politics of Switzerland (1847)
- Life, teachings, and death of Socrates. From Grote's history of Greece (1859)
- Plato, and the other companions of Sokrates (1865)
- Review of the work of Mr. John Stuart Mill entitled 'Examination of Sir William Hamilton's philosophy'. (1868)
- Poems, 1815-1823 (1872)
- The minor works of George Grote (1873) Alexander Bain(ed).
- Life of Ary Scheffer
Works about Grote
- “Grote, George,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Grote, George,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Grote, George” by John Malcolm Mitchell in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911