Author:George William Curtis
|←Author Index: Cu||George William Curtis
|American writer, editor, and public speaker|
- From the Easy Chair
- Other Essays from the Easy Chair
- Prue and I
- Nile Notes of a Howadji
- The Howadji in Syria
- The Potiphar Papers
- James Russell Lowell
- Wendell Phillips
Works in periodicals and encyclopaedias
- “Letter to St. Botolph Club” from St. Botolph Club, Visit of the Hon. Carl Schurz to Boston, March 1881.
- “Hawthorne, Nathaniel,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1892.
- “Sumner, Charles,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- “Life in the Open Air: Introductory Note” – Introduction to Life in the Open Air and other papers, by Theodore Winthrop. Boston: Ticknor & Fields, 1863
- “Biographical Sketch of the Author” – An introduction to Theodore Winthrop’s novel Cecil Dreeme (1862)
Works about George William Curtis
- “Curtis, George William,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- Carl Schurz, George William Curtis, October, 1904
- “Curtis, George William” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Curtis, George William,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.