Author:Stephen Grover Cleveland
(Redirected from Author:Grover Cleveland)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Cl||Grover Cleveland
|24th President of the United States (1893–1897), with Adlai E. Stevenson; 22nd President of the United States (1885–1889), with Thomas A. Hendricks (1885); 28th Governor of New York (1883–1885), 34th Mayor of Buffalo, New York (1882)|
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (8 December 1885)
- Second State of the Union address (6 December 1886)
- Third State of the Union address (6 December 1887)
- Fourth State of the Union address (3 December 1888)
- Fifth State of the Union address (4 December 1893)
- Sixth State of the Union address (3 December 1894)
- Seventh State of the Union address (2 December 1895)
- Eighth State of the Union address (7 December 1896)
- Executive Orders
- The Writings and Speeches of Grover Cleveland
- Message to Congress on the Sherman Silver Purchase Act (August 8, 1893)
- Message to Congress (December 18, 1893)
- Letter from Ex-President Cleveland in “Letters and Telegrams received” from Banquet to the Honorable Carl Schurz, Delmonico's Restaurant, New York City, March 2, 1899.
- “ADDRESS OF THE HONORABLE GROVER CLEVELAND” from New York Committee of the Carl Schurz Memorial, Addresses in Memory of Carl Schurz, Carnegie Hall, November 21, 1906.
Works about Cleveland
- Edward S. Ellis, “Political Giants of the Present Day: Grover Cleveland, Successful Lawyer, Governor and President,” in Great Leaders and National Issues of 1896, 1896.
- Carl Schurz, “Grover Cleveland's Second Administration,” McClure's Magazine, May, 1897.
- “Cleveland, Grover,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- “Cleveland, (Stephen) Grover,” in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- “Cleveland, Grover,” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- “Cleveland, Grover,” by Horace White in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- “Cleveland, Stephen Grover,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- William E. Russell, “Grover Cleveland” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Cleveland, (Stephen) Grover,” by W. N. C. Carlton in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Cleveland, Grover,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)