Author:Halford John Mackinder
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ma||Halford John Mackinder
|English geographer, considered one of the founders of geopolitics. Helped found the Geographical Association and the London School of Economics; director of the LSE 1903-1908; MP for Glasgow Camlachie 1910-1922|
- University extension, past, present, and future (1891)
- Britain and the British seas (1902)
- The Rhine (1908)
- Eight lectures on India (1910)
- Distant lands; an elementary study in geography (1912)
- The modern British state: an introduction to the study of civics (1914)
- Democratic Ideals and Reality: A Study in the Politics of Reconstruction (1919)
- "On the Scope and Methods of Geography On the Scope and Methods of Geography," Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society and Monthly Record of Geography, New Monthly Series, Vol. 9, No. 3 (Mar., 1887), pp. 141–174.
- "Modern Geography, German and English," The Geographical Journal, Vol. 6, No. 4 (October, 1895), pp. 367-379.
- "A Journey to the Summit of Mount Kenya, British East Africa", The Geographical Journal, Vol. 15, No. 5 (May, 1900), pp. 453–476.
- "The geographical pivot of history". The Geographical Journal, 1904, 23, pp. 421–37
- "Man-Power as a Measure of National and Imperial Strength", National and English Review, XIV, 1905.
- "Geography and History", The Times. 9 February 1905.
- "The Teaching of Geography and History as a Combined Subject," The Geographical Teacher Vol. 7, No. 1 (Spring, 1913), pp. 4-19
- The Regions of the World series
- Britain And The British Seas By Mackinder []
- Western Europe And The Mediterranean By Elisée Reclus
- Central Europe By Joseph Partsch []
- Scandinavia And The Arctic Region By Clements R. Markham
- The Russian Empire By Prince Kropotkin
- The Nearer East By D. G. Hogarth []
- Africa By J. Scott Keltie
- India By Thomas Holdich
- The Farther East By Archibald Little []
- North America By Israel C. Russell
- South America By John C. Branner
- Australasia And Antarctica By H. O. Forbes