Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ma||James Mackinnon
|Lecturer in History, University of St. Andrews and Queen Margaret College, University of Glasgow; Regius Professor of Ecclesiastical History, University of Edinburgh |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. M. or J. M-n. " in vol. 41 and 42.
- Culture in Early Scotland (1892) (external scan)
- The Union of England and Scotland (1896) (external scan)
- The History of Edward III (1900) (external scan)
- The Growth and Decline of the French Monarchy (1902)
- History of Modern Liberty in three initial volumes, vol. 4 1942, vol. 5 1945
- The Social and Industrial History of Scotland From the Earliest Times to the Union (1920) in 2 vols.
- Constitutional History of Scotland to the Reformation (1924)
- Luther and the Reformation in 4 vols.
- “Ninian,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Osric (d.729),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works about Mackinnon
- "Obituary: Rev. Dr. James Mackinnon," in The Times (1945)
- "Death: James Mackinnon," in The Times (1945)