Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, 1881
- The Doctrine of State Rights, 1890
- A short history of the Confederate States of America, 1890
- “Zachary Taylor” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- Speech at the Portland Serenade, 1858
- Speech at Belfast Encampment, 1858
- Speech to the Mississippi State Democratic Convention, 1859
- Inaugural Address, 1861
- Farewell Address to the Senate, 1861
- Message to the Second Session of the Provisional Confederate Congress, 1861
- Message to the Third Session of the Provisional Confederate Congress, 1861
- Message to the Fifth Session of the Provisional Confederate Congress, 1861
- Message to the First Session of the First Confederate Congress, 1862
- Message to the Second Session of the First Confederate Congress, 1862
- Message to the Third Session of the First Confederate Congress, 1863
- Message to the Fourth Session of the First Confederate Congress, 1863
- Message to the First Session of the Second Confederate Congress, 1864
- Message to the Second Session of the Second Confederate Congress, 1864
- Letter to Sarah Knox Taylor, 1834, upon his beau agreeing to marry him.
- Letter to J. D. Corse, 1867.
- Letter to Varina Howell Davis, 1862, to his wife about a recent visit home.
- Letter to Pope Pius IX, 1863, regarding the war.
- “Letter from President Davis,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 1, March 1876, to Hon. James Lyons, January 27, 1876, regarding the treatment of prisoners.
- “Patriotic Letters of Confederate Leaders,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 2, July 1876, reply to Robert Edward Lee regarding his offer of resignation.
Works about Davis
- A Southern Manifesto, as it appeared in the 1859 New York Tribune
- Inauguration of the President of the Southern Confederacy, as it appeared in the 1861 New York Times
- "Davis, Jefferson," in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- Jefferson Davis Memorial Address, 1889 by Charles Minnigerode
- "Davis, Jefferson," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- "Jefferson Davis's Camel Experiment" by in Popular Science Monthly, 74 (February 1909)
- Jefferson Davis: A Judicial Estimate (1908) by Charles Betts Galloway
- "Davis, Jefferson," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Davis, Jefferson," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
- 1808 births
- 1889 deaths
- Early modern authors
- Male authors
- United States authors
- Confederate States authors
- Military personnel as authors
- Politicians as authors
- Businesspeople as authors
- United States Secretaries of War
- United States representatives
- United States senators
- Mississippi politicians
- Soldiers as authors
- Episcopalian authors
- Contributors to the Southern Historical Society Papers