Author:John Ramsay McCulloch
|←Author Index: Mc||John Ramsay McCulloch
|Scottish economist, statistician, author and editor|
||There are no works listed on Wikisource for this author. If you'd like to add a new text, please review Help:Adding texts.|
- An Essay on a Reduction of the Interest of the National Debt (1816).
- 'On Ricardo's Principles of Political Economy and Taxation' (1818), in: Edinburgh Review.
- 'Taxation and the Corn Laws' (1820), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'The Opinions of Messrs. Say, Sismondi and Malthus, on Effects of Machinery and Accumulation' (1821), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'On Combination Laws, Restraints on Emigration, &c.' (1824), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Political Economy' (1824), in: Encyclopædia Britannica.
- 'French Law of Succession' (1824), in: Edinburgh Review.
- A Discourse on the Rise, Progress, Peculiar Objects and Importance of Political Economy : containing an Outline of a Course of Lectures on the Principles and Doctrines of that Science (1824).
- The Principles of Political Economy, with a sketch of the rise and progress of the science (1825).
- An Essay on the Circumstances which Determine the Rate of Wages and the Condition of the Working Classes (1826).
- 'On Commercial Revulsions' (1826), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Abolition of the Corn Laws' (1826), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'On Poor Laws' (1828), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Rise, Progress, Present State, and Prospects of the British Cotton Manufacture' (1827), in: Edinburgh Review.
- 'Introduction' to An Inquiry Into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith (ed. J.R. McCulloch) (1828).
- 'Jones on the Theory of Rent' (1831), in: Edinburgh Review.
- Principles, Practice and History of Commerce (1831).
- 'Chalmers on Political Economy' (1832), in: Edinburgh Review.
- A Dictionary, Practical, Theoretical and Historical of Commerce and Commercial Navigation (1832).
- A Descriptive and Statistical Account of the British Empire, exhibiting its extent, physical capacities, population, industry, and civil and religious institutions; 2 volumes (1837).
- Statements Illustrative of the Policy and Probable Consequence of the Proposed Repeal of the Existing Corn Law (1841).
- The Literature of Political Economy (1845).
- The Works of David Ricardo, Esq. with a notice of the life and writings of the author (ed. J.R. McCulloch) (1846).
- A Treatise on the Succession to Property Vacant by Death (1848).
- A Treatise on Metallic and Paper Money and Banks (1858).
- Treatises and Essays (1859).
- A Treatise on the Principles and Practical Influence of Taxation and the Funding System (1863).
Works about John Ramsay McCulloch
- “McCulloch, John Ramsay,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.