Author:Lionel Smith Beale
|←Author Index: Be||Lionel Smith Beale
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "L. B-e."
- The microscope in its application to practical medicine (1858) 
- On the structure of the simple tissues of the human body; with some observations on their development, growth, nutrition and decay, and on certain changes occurring in disease () 
- Disease germs : their supposed nature : an original investigation with critical remarks (1870) 
- Protoplasm : or, Life, matter, and mind (1870) 
- Life theories; their influence upon religious thought (1871) 
- Bioplasm: an introduction to the study of physiology & medicine (1872) 
- Protoplasm; or, Matter and life. With some remarks upon the "Confession" of Strauss (1874) 
- How to work with the microscope (1880) 
- On slight ailments : their nature and treatment () 
- The new materialism : dictatorial scientific utterances and the decline of thought ([189-?]) 
- “Todd, Robert Bentley,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- The mystery of life: an essay in reply to Dr. Gull's attack on the theory of vitality in his Harveian oration for 1870 (1871) 
Works about Beale
- Obituary: Professor Lionel Smith Beale in The Times