Author:Lucien Marcus Underwood
|←Author Index: Un||Lucien Marcus Underwood
|American botanist and mycologist.|
- 1879: The geological formations crossed by the Syracuse and Chenango Valley Railroad, Ph. D. thesis for Syracuse University. external scan
- 1881: "Onoclea sensibilis L. var. obtusilobata," Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 8 : 101-102.
- 1881: Our native ferns and how to study them; with synoptical descriptions of the North American species. external scan
- 1884: Descriptive catalogue of North American Hepaticae, north of Mexico. external scan
- 1886: List of the described species of fresh water Crustacea from America, north of Mexico. external scan
- 1888: Our native ferns and their allies: with synoptical descriptions of the American Pteridophyta north of Mexico (1st ed.). external scan
- 1891: The ancestry and descendants of Jonathan Pollard (1759-1821) with records of allied families. external scan
- 1893: The Myriapoda of North America.
- 1898: "American Ferns I. The ternate species of Botrychium." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 25 : 521–541.
- 1899: "American Ferns II. The genus Phanerophlebia." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 26 : 205–216, pl. 359, 360.
- 1899: Moulds, mildews, and mushrooms; a guide to the systematic study of the Fungi and Mycetozoa and their literature. [0https://archive.org/details/mouldsmildewsmush00unde external scan]
- 1900: Our native ferns and their allies, with synoptical descriptions of the American Pteridophyta north of Mexico, (6th ed.).
- 1902: "American Ferns III. Our genera of Aspidieae." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 29 : 121–136.
- 1902: "American Ferns IV. The genus Gymnogramme of the Synopsis Filicum." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 29 :
- 1902: "American Ferns V. A review of the genus Danaea." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 29 : 669–679.
- 1903: "An Index to the described Species of Botrychium" in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 30 : 43.
- 1903: The genus Riella. (coauthor: Marshall Avery Howe)
- 1906: "American Ferns VI. Species added to the flora of the United States from 1900 to 1905." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 33 : 189–205.
- 1906: "American Ferns VII. The American species of Stenochlaena & The status of Poecilopteris crenata Presl." in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 33 : 591–605.
- 1907: The progress of our knowledge of the flora of North America, reprinted from Popular Science Monthly, Vol. 70, with additional paragraphs included.
- 1913: The Underwood families of America.
- 1913: Text for the Pteridophyta section of An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British Possessions by Nathaniel Lord Britton & Addison Brown.
For a more extensive list containing 212 publications by the author, see "The published work of Lucien Marcus Underwood" (also listed below).
- “Underwood, Lucien Marcus,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- "Prof. Underwood Commits Suicide," The New York Times. Nov. 17, 1907, pp. 1-2.
- "Report of the death of Lucien M. Underwood," Danbury Evening News, Danbury, Conn, Nov, 18, 1907.
- "A biographical sketch of Lucien Marcus Underwood," by Carlton Clarence Curtis, Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 35 : 1-12. (1908)
- "Lucien Marcus Underwood: a memorial tribute", by Marshall Avery Howe, Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 35 : 13-16. (1908)
- "The published work of Lucien Marcus Underwood", by John Hendley Barnhart, Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 35 : 17-38. (1908)