Author:Marion Harry Alexander Spielmann
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Sp||Marion Harry Alexander Spielmann
|Art critic and scholar; editor of The Connoisseur and The Magazine of Art|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "M. H. S."
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "H. M. S."
- "Abbey, Edwin Austin," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.
- "Gilbert Marks: Silversmith". The Burlington Magazine. Vol. 7 no. 27. pp. 242–243.
- "British sculpture and sculptors of today" (1901), Cassell. 
- "The history of 'Punch'" 
- "The works of G.F. Watts, R.A. : with a complete list of his pictures, fourteen drawings contributed by himself and other illustrations" 
Contributions to the Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Effigies (in part)
- Gilbert, Alfred
- Greenaway, Kate
- Line Engraving (in part)
- Medal (in part)
- Painting (Recent British)
- Relief (art)
- Roubiliac, Louis François
- Sculpture (in part)
- Shakespeare, William (section on portraits)
- Thornycroft, William Hamo
- Wauters, Emile
- Wood-engraving (in part)