Author:Martin Luther King
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ki||Martin Luther King, Jr.
|African American clergyman, activist and prominent leader in the American civil rights movement. His main legacy was to secure progress on civil rights in the United States; he is frequently referenced as a human rights icon today|
- Stride Toward Freedom: The Montgomery Story (1958) OCLC:485639all editions
- The Measure of a Man (1959) OCLC:335079all editions
- Strength to Love (1963) OCLC:577614all editions
- Why We Can't Wait (1964) OCLC:268783all editions
- Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community? (1967) OCLC:423183all editions
- The Trumpet of Conscience (1968) OCLC:449815all editions
Speeches and letters
- "I Have a Dream" under copyright in the U.S. until 2038
- "I've Been to the Mountaintop" still under copyright in the U.S.
- "Letter from Birmingham Jail" still under copyright in the U.S.
- "Keep Moving from This Mountain" still under copyright in the U.S.
- "Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence" still under copyright in the U.S.
- "Give Us the Ballot" still under copyright in the U.S.
Letters to King
Works about King
- A Testament of Hope : The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr. (1986)
- King Remembered by Flip Schulke and Penelope McPhee, forerword by Jesse Jackson (1986)
- Parting the Waters: America in the King Years, 1954–63 by Taylor Branch (1988)
- Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference by David Garrow (1989)
- Pillar of Fire: America in the King Years, 1963–65 by Taylor Branch (1998)
- The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Martin Luther King Jr. and Clayborne Carson (1998)
- Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr., and the Laws that Changed America by Nick Kotz (2005)
- At Canaan's Edge: America in the King Years, 1965–68 by Taylor Branch (2006)
- Honoring the 20th Anniversary of the Sharing the Dream Celebration in Arlington, Texas by Joseph Barton (2009)
- Commemorating the Life of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Alexander N. Green (2008)
- In Memory of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by Kendrick Meek (2007)
- Honoring the City of Akron Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service by Betty Sutton (2007)
- Observing the Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Rahm Emanuel (2007)
- Honoring the Life and Accomplishments of Coretta Scott King by Dennis Kucinich (2006)
- Honoring the Life and Accomplishments of Mrs. Coretta Scott King by Martin Meehan (2006)
- 13th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in Flower Mound, Texas by Michael Burgess (2005)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial by Diane Watson (2003)
- Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: Leader, Visionary, Hero by Benjamin Gilman (2002)
- Honoring Martin Luther King, Jr. by Mark Udall (2001)
- The Spirit of Dr. King Lives On by Peter Visclosky (1998)
- In Recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by Nancy Pelosi (1995)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Within the District of Columbia by Constance Morella (1995)