Author:Percy Ewing Matheson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ma||Percy Ewing Matheson
|M.B.E.; Man of letters at Oxford, especially in Roman history |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "P. E. M."
- A skeleton outline of Roman history (1885) (external scan)
- (transl.) The Theory of the State by Johann Caspar Bluntschli (1885) 
- National ideals () (external scan)
- (transl.) Epictetus. The discourses and manual, together with fragments of his writings in 3 vols. (1916)
- Holy Russia and Other Poems (1918) (external scan)
- The growth of Rome (1922) (external scan)
- "Sylvester, James Joseph," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works about Matheson
- "Matheson, Percy Ewing," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Death: Percy Ewing Matheson," in The Times (1946)