Author:Philip Sidney (1554-1586)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:Philip Sidney.
|←Author Index: Si||Philip Sidney
|English diplomat; one of the Elizabethan Age's most prominent figures who was famous in his day in England as a poet, courtier and soldier|
- The Lady of May (1579)
- Astrophel and Stella (1591)
- The Countesse of Pembrokes Arcadia (1590)
- The Defense of Poesy (or The Apology for Poetry) (1595)
- Wert thou a King (1872)
Works about Sidney
- "Sidney, Philip (1554-1586)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Sidney, Sir Philip," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Sidney, Sir Philip," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "On the Death of Sir Philip Sidney" by Henry Constable
- "An Epitaph upon the Death, of Sir Philip Sidney, Knight" by Richard Barnfield