|←Author Index: Ho||Robert Holmes
| Holmes was the brother in law of both Thomas Addis Emmet and Robert Emmet, Irish Revolutionaries.Robert Holmes was a United Irishman, Barrister and Author. He was born in Dublin, in 1765 the son of northern parents who themselves were natives of Antrim. He studied Law and became one of the best known defenders of the Nationalist Leaders in Ireland.|
- "A Demonstration of the Necessity of the Legislative Union of Great Britain and Ireland"
- published in 1799, this being a satirical pamphlet ridiculing the arguments of its supporters.
- "An Address to the Yeomanry of Ireland, demonstrating the necessity of their declaring their opinions upon Political Subjects."
- "The Case of Ireland Stated,"
- P. A. Sillard, Life of John Mitchel, James Duffy and Co. Ltd, 1908