Author:Samuel White Baker
|←Author Index: Ba||Samuel White Baker
|British explorer, officer, naturalist, big game hunter, engineer, writer and abolitionist.|
- The Rifle And Hound In Ceylon. (1853)
- Eight Years' Wanderings In Ceylon. (1855)
- The Albert N'Yanza Great Basin Of The Nile; And Exploration Of The Nile Sources. (1866)
- The Nile Tributaries Of Abyssinia; And The Sword Of Hamran Arabs. (1867)
- Cast Up By The Sea Or The Adventures Of Ned Grey, A Book For Boys. (1869)
- Ismailia - A Narrative Of The Expedition To Central Africa For The Suppression Of Slave Trade, Organised By Ismail, Khadive Of Egypt. (1874)
- Cyprus As I Saw It In 1879 (1879)
- In The Heart Of Africa. (1886)
- Wild Beasts And Their Ways, Reminescenses Of Europe, Asia, Africa And America. (1890)
- True Tales For My Grandsons. (1891)
Works about Baker
- Sir Samuel White Baker: A Memoir by T. Douglass Murray & Arthur S. White. Published by MacMillan & Co. 1895 London.
- Baker Of The Nile by Dorothy Middleton. Published by Falcon Press, 1949, London.
- To The Heart Of The Nile: Lady Florence Baker and the Exploration of Central Africa, by Pat Shipman. Published by Harper Collins, NY, 2004
- The Perfect Victorian Hero: The Life And Times Of Sir Samuel White Baker by Michael Brander. Published by Mainstream Pub. Co. 1982, London and Edinburgh.
- Four Fathers of Big Game Hunting: Biographical Sketches Of The Sporting Lives Of William Cotton Oswell, Henry Astbury Leveson, Samuel White Baker & Roualeyn George Gordon Cumming, by T. R. Thormanby. Published Read Country Book, 2007