Author:St. George Jackson Mivart
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Mi||St. George Jackson Mivart
|M.D., F.R.S.; English zoologist|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "St G. M."
- On the Genesis of Species
- “Rattlesnake,” in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- The Groundwork of Science. A Study of Epistemology (1898)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- “Natural History of the Kangaroo,” in Popular Science Monthly, 8 (February 1876)
- “What are Bats?,” in Popular Science Monthly, 9 (September 1876)
- “Evolution in Professor Huxley,” in Popular Science Monthly, 44 (January 1894)
Works about Mivart
- “Mivart, St. George Jackson,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Mivart, St George Jackson,” in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- “St. George Jackson Mivart,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
On his works