|←Author Index: Ar||Thomas Arnold
|British educator and historian; headmaster of Rugby School; professor of Modern History at Oxford|
- The History of Rome (three vols. 1838-42) unfinished
- Introductory lectures on modern history (External scan)
Works about Arnold
- “Arnold, Thomas,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Arnold, Thomas,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Dr. Arnold" essay in Eminent Victorians by Lytton Strachey
- “Arnold, Thomas (2),” in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886 by Foster, Joseph, Oxford: Parker and Co., 1888–1892.
- “Arnold, Thomas (1795-1842),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Dr. Arnold," in Eminent Victorians (1918) by Lytton Strachey