Author:Thomas Arnold (1823-1900)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ar||Thomas Arnold
|The Imperial Dictionary of Universal Biography.British writer and biographer; contributor to|
- A Manual of English Literature, Historical and Critical. London: Longman & Co., 1862 (much reprinted to 1897).
- Chaucer to Wordsworth: a Short History of English Literature to the present day. London: Thomas Murby, 1870. 2nd ed. 1875.
- Catholic Higher Education in Ireland. Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son, 1897.
- Notes on Beowulf. London: Longmans, Green, 1898.
- Passages in a Wandering Life. London: Edward Arnold, 1900.
- Select English Works of John Wycliffe from Original Manuscripts. 3 vols. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1869–1871.
- Selections from Addison’s Papers contributed to the Spectator. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1875.
- Beowulf: a Heroic Poem of the Eighth Century, with a translation. London: Longmans, Green, 1876.
- Henrici Archidiaconi Huntendunensis Historia Anglorum. The History of the English, by Henry, Archdeacon of Huntingdon, from A.D. 55 to A.D. 1154. Chronicles and memorials of Great Britain and Ireland during the Middle Ages ("Rolls Series") 74. London: Longman & Co., 1879.
- English Poetry and Prose: a collection of illustrative passages from the writings of English authors, commencing in the Anglo-Saxon period, and brought down to the present time. 2nd edition. London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1882.
- Symeonis monachi opera omnia. 2 vols. Rolls Series 75. London: Longman & Co., 1882-1885.
- Edward Hyde, The History of the Rebellion and Civil Wars in England. Book VI. Second edition, 1894.
- Together with William E. Addis he compiled A Catholic Dictionary. First edition, London: Kegan Paul & Co., 1884. Much reissued.
Works about Arnold