Author:Thomas Babington Macaulay
(Redirected from Author:Thomas Babington Macaulay, 1st Baron Macaulay)
|←Author Index: Ma||Thomas Babington Macaulay
nineteenth century British poet, historian and Whig politician
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "M."
- Pompeii: a poem, 1819 (short work) external scan
- Government of India (1833)
- Critical and Miscellaneous Essays, 1840 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4, vol 5
- Horatius (1842)
- Copyright Law (1841)
- Second Speech on Copyright Law (1842)
- Lays of Ancient Rome (1842) external scan
- The Gates of Somnauth (1843)
- Critical and historical essays contributed to the Edinburgh review, 1843 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- Macaulay's miscellanies, 1846 external scan
- The History Of England From the Accession of James II (1848)
- Speeches, parliamentary and miscellaneous, 1853 vol 1, vol 2
- The works of Joseph Addison, (contributor), 1854 external scan
- Lord Byron, 1856 external scan
- New biographies of illustrious men, 1857 external scan
- Biographical and historical sketches, 1857 external scan
- Life of William Pitt, 1859 external scan
- The miscellaneous writings of Lord Macaulay, 1860 vol 1, vol 3
- Essays on Chatham
- Essay on Warren Hastings
- “Bunyan, John”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Goldsmith, Oliver”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Johnson, Samuel”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (with footnote and afterword by Thomas Seccombe)
- “Pitt, William”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works about Macauley
- "Lord Macaulay" by I. S., in Once a Week (1860).
- In: A first gallery of literary portraits by George Gilfillan, Published 1851 external link
- Macauley's essay on Sir William Temple, 1905 external link
- “Macaulay, Thomas Babington Macaulay, Baron”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Macaulay, Thomas Babington, Lord,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Macaulay, Thomas Babington,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.