Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ew||Thomas Ewbank
|British writer on practical mechanics; United States Commissioner of Patents (1849-1852)|
- A Descriptive and Historical Account of Hydraulic and other Machines for Raising Water, Ancient and Modern, including the progressive development of the Steam Engine New York, 1845, 16th ed. 1876
- The World a Workshop, or the Physical Relation of Man to the Earth New York, 1855
- Thoughts on Matter and Force New York, 1858
- Reminiscences of the Patent Office, and of Scenes and Things in Washington New York, 1859
- Inorganic Forces ordained to supersede Human Slavery New York, 1860.
Works about Ewbank
- "Ewbank, Thomas," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.